All members are encouraged to give and receive support, sharing their stories and experiences in times of distress and wellness.
All members must listen without judgment, use respectful language and appreciate that others may have an opinion different to yours.
Members are empowered to make decisions that support good mental health and wellbeing. Don’t hold back in sharing your knowledge – it’s likely someone will find it useful or interesting.
Members can speak openly about difficult topics in a safe manner. Please remember the forums are public. Don’t post personal information that you would not be comfortable sharing with a stranger. It’s recommended that you only use your first name or a pseudonym in your username and that you don’t post any information that may identify you or anyone else, such as your address, email address or phone number.
All discussions must be friendly and kind. If you are a new member, make sure to introduce yourself to our community as we are waiting for you.
Removal of posts and threads
Women Assist maintains the right to edit or remove posts and threads if it is considered harmful to others.
- contains disrespectful or derogatory remarks about any other member
- contains advice or content that we believe is damaging, unhelpful or distressing to others
- contains links
- contains swearing or offensive language is nonsensical and/or irrelevant
- promotes personal beliefs in a way that is disrespectful of the choices of others
- infringes the privacy of individuals or service providers
- is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit or suggestive, abusive or otherwise discriminatory or objectionable
- advertises products, services, events or research
- makes any reference to specific prescription medication names and/or dosages or seeks medical advice
- includes personal information such as images clearly displaying your face, full names, phone numbers, locations, postal or email addresses; or encourages the sharing of such details
The forums will be moderated by Women Assist to ensure that the community rules are never breached. However, we can’t read everything immediately, so much of the responsibility for maintaining our friendly environment lies with our members.