Online Counselling or Psychotherapy is available via Zoom video conferencing. It’s easy and just as therapeutic as coming into the consulting room, except you don’t need to travel and can stay in the comfort of your own home. It’s safe secure and convenient.
Whilst the online medium is very convenient and easy to access, it is important that you ensure you are in a space that is:
- distraction or disturbance free
- comfortable – don’t forget the water & tissues
You will need:
- a computer with a camera
- earbuds or headset with a microphone (not essential, but recommended)
- strong internet access
At the time of your session:
- click on the Zoom link which will be sent prior to your session and then the session will commence
- if it is your first time using Zoom, you will be automatically invited to download Zoom just before the session starts
Online video sessions are useful for those who would usually have difficulty travelling to appointments either because of distance/remoteness, mobility problems, people with childcare commitments or simply those with a busy work and travel schedule.
Research shows that online therapy can be just as effective as face-to-face therapy. While people may initially be hesitant to seek therapy online, studies show that in most cases client outcomes, symptom improvement, and satisfaction are equivalent for online therapy versus face-to-face.